About Supportmatch Homeshare
Supportmatch Homeshare is a registered and approved HomeshareUK National Company that provides Live-In Help and Support in exchange for affordable accommodation in the form of a spare room to people in our community. We have collaborated with community leaders and local councils for over 10 years to enhance and improve the lifestyle, wellbeing and independence of people nationally.
HOW WE HELP
The majority of the UK’s senior community do not wish to be displaced in care homes and value their independence, preferring to remain at home and wish to maintain that independence but maybe finding it difficult to cope with everyday tasks and life alone. Supportmatch Homeshare provides a valuable and affordable solution to that much needed companionship, help and support at home.
We match our Householders with our fully vetted Homesharers who are adult professionals and mature students looking for safe and affordable accommodation in exchange for that support.
WHY WE HELP OUR COMMUNITIES
Supportmatch Homeshare was created to offer more support to our senior community but also to provide an effective housing solution for younger individuals.
Our Supportmatch Homeshare aim is to help elderly and/or people living with a disability to stay in their own homes for as long as possible, or families to get some extra support. Providing a low-cost service and creating a network and collaboration with other service providers which could greatly improve people’s everyday life. As well as helping to provide low cost accommodation to those in need, such as students and professionals who are willing to offer their time to benefit someone else.
Supportmatch Homeshare provides a valuable solution that directly addresses some very significant social welfare challenges such as :-
- Isolation and Loneliness
- Access To Affordable Help and Support At Home
- A Reassuring Point of Contact for Families
- Safety and Security at Home
- Affordable Accommodation for Working Professionals and Mature Students
Supportmatch Homeshare is quite unique in that we provide a 24 hour a day, 7 day a week emergency On-Call service to both the Householder and the Homesharer throughout the duration of the homeshare arrangement – we are only a phone call away!
Advantages For Householders
- Live in support to help you when you need it most
- Overnight presence
- Help with keeping appointments
- Help with Cooking
- Help with Cleaning and Housekeeping
- Basic D.I.Y around the House
- Assistance with Computing and Technology
- Going for Walks and other Social Activities
- Socialising and Networking
- Walking the Dog and Pet Care
- Our Homesharer is available to support you 10-15 hours per week
- All Homesharers are carefully matched with your requirements
- All Homesharers are DBS (Disclosure and Barring service) checked
Advantages For Homesharers
- Access to affordable accommodation
- Serving the community
- Support throughout the arrangement