Terms and Conditions Introduction Stage Householder
These Terms and Conditions are applicable to your application. Please read them carefully. It is important that you understand and agree to our practices, rules and terms before you apply to be a Householder. Once you submit your application, your acceptance of these Terms will be deemed.
- The word “Householder” refers to an individual introduced by Supportmatch Homeshare Ltd willing to offer accommodation in exchange of an agreed level of domestic help (which includes light cooking, cleaning and shopping) and companionship. For the avoidance of doubt, Householder includes the legally appointed representative of a Householder, if applicable. “Homesharer” refers to an individual who is willing to provide such domestic help and companionship in exchange for a place to live and experience and participate in the family life of the Householder. “Property” refers to the property of the Householder, shared with the Homesharer. “Homeshare” refers to the arrangement between the Householder and the Homesharer.
- If the Householder has in place a delegated power of attorney, proof of such power of attorney will need to be provided to Supportmatch.
- The Homesharer will not pay any fees to the Householder for the accommodation provided by the Householder (save for a small contribution towards an increased utilities and council tax bill due to the presence of the Homesharer, upon provision of proof by the Householder) and the Householder will not pay any fees for any help provided by the Homesharer. The relationship between the Householder and Homesharer is a mutually beneficial one and on a voluntary basis.
- The Householder agrees and accepts to pay a monthly monitoring and advice fee to Supportmatch in consideration for and as a contribution towards the costs incurred by Supportmatch in the provision of its services.
- The Householder will ensure to pay the monthly fee on time and throughout the duration of the Homeshare until the day the Homesharer vacates the Property. Should the Householder fail to make payments of fees in a timely manner Supportmatch retains the right to charge the Householder additional costs for the recovery of the fees.
- The Homesharer will not provide the Householder with any professional care.
- The Householder shall ensure the safety and suitability of the Property in which the Homesharer will reside and maintain valid and suitable insurance with a respected insurance company in connection therewith during the term of the Homeshare.
- The Householder shall ensure that the gas boiler is inspected regularly by a Gas Safe registered engineer, and that fixed electrical installations and appliances are safe. To have in place building and content insurance is a responsibility and liability of the Householder.
- In the event the Householder cancels the Homeshare after engaging the Homesharer but prior to the Homesharer moving into the Property, the Householder will be liable to pay one monthly fee to Supportmatch. The Householder understands and agrees that it will not be refunded for any part of the first monthly fee paid, regardless of the date of cancellation.
- Supportmatch will interview and fully vet all the Homesharer candidates but it will be ultimately the responsibility of the Householder to ensure that the Homesharer fully satisfies the Householder’s requirements.
- Supportmatch will endeavour to collect as much information as possible about the Homesharer but cannot guarantee that any information provided is accurate and true. Supportmatch Homeshare does not make any representations, warranties or guarantees on the capability, medical condition, character or suitability of the Homesharer.
- All information shared between the Householder and Supportmatch which is either marked as confidential or of which its confidential character should reasonably be understood will be treated as confidential by the receiving party.
- Supportmatch will offer ongoing telephone and email support but is not required to undertake any home visits to provide a service assessment or to monitor the Homeshare.
- Supportmatch and its staff does not assume any responsibility nor liability for any damages, claims and costs that might arise as a result of or in connection with the Homeshare.
- Supportmatch Homeshare reserves the right to make changes to these Terms and Conditions at any time.
- The Homesharer may take a maximum of two weeks holiday at a time and for a maximum of four weeks per year, unless otherwise agreed with the Householder, and, if reasonably possible, at least four weeks’ notice will be given to both the Householder and Supportmatch. If for any reason the Homesharer will need to take a leave of absence due to illness or personal circumstances, it must inform the Householder and Supportmatch immediately. For an extended period (more than two weeks) medical evidence must be provided and, if such evidence is satisfactory to Supportmatch, the period of leave will be approved accordingly.
- Should the Householder need medical treatment in a hospital or if the Householder is on holiday the Homesharer will stay in the Property and continues to look after the Property. In the event of long-term illness, transfer to a care home or death of the Householder, the Homesharer will be served a one month notice to vacate the Property, during which notice period the Homesharer shall occupy the Property in the capacity of house sitter. The former does not apply if the Householder requests Supportmatch in writing for the Homesharer to remain in the Property for a longer period than one month.
- The Supportmatch Co-ordinator will state the agreed chores and times and will update when necessary.